Associate attorney Janet Shannon leads the bankruptcy legal practice at Dansby Law, helping individuals and families throughout Montgomery find effective, long-term solutions to their financial troubles through Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy and other available forms of debt relief. Ms. Shannon’s experience in the bankruptcy legal field goes back to even before college, when she served for many years as a bankruptcy paralegal. Ms. Shannon began her legal career as a Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Dwight H. Williams, Jr., Bankruptcy Judge for the Middle District of Alabama, during which time she assisted the judge with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases. She has published articles on bankruptcy for the legal information website Nolo, and is an active member of the Bankruptcy Section of the Alabama State Bar.
Janet Shannon comes from a military family which has taken her to many places; she returned to live in Montgomery in 2002 and is proud to call this region her home. Outside of helping people get back on their feet financially, her interests include photography, gardening and reading.
- J.D., cum laude, Jones School of Law at Faulkner University
- B.S., magna cum laude, Auburn University at Montgomery
- A.A.S., Legal Studies, Cleveland State Community College
- Alabama State Courts
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Alabama