Montgomery Social Security Disability and Bankruptcy Resources
Knowledge is power, and having the right information before you apply for Social Security Disability or file for bankruptcy can make all the difference in making the most out of a successful application. Below are links to some useful resources to help you get started. If you find you need legal assistance or have questions only a qualified attorney can answer, contact The Dansby Law Firm at 334-834-7001 to speak with a team of knowledgeable and experienced Montgomery Social Security and bankruptcy attorneys.
Social Security Resources
Social Security Administration (SSA) – This is the main website where you can apply online for
Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. This website contains a wealth of helpful information, including:
- checklist – Find out what you need to gather together when filling out an application.
- calculators – From ballpark figures to precise estimates, find out what your benefits might be for retirement, disability, survivor’s benefits or other benefits.
- SSA Medicare page – Find out if you qualify for Medicare, and apply online.
- disability claims page – Go here to apply for disability benefits, return to a saved application, check the status of your application, or appeal a recent medical decision.
- on-line disability planner – Learn about Social Security’s five-step process to determine eligibility for SSD.
- work credits – Do you have enough work credits to qualify for SSD? Do you even know what work credits are? Learn more here.
- office locator – Find the SSA office nearest you.
- appeal – Claim denied? Find out what you need to appeal the decision. In Montgomery, call The Dansby Law Firm for help.